We gather Nordic companies with a focus on Urbanisation in Africa.
Urbanisation in Africa
Africa has the fastest continental urban growth in the world. The continent’s population is projected to double between now and 2050. Two-thirds of this growth will be absorbed by urban areas and, in the next 30 years, cities will be home to an additional 950 million people. Africa’s cities are the most rapidly growing cities in the world; they are the youngest and they are changing fast. Their impact on Africa’s economic, social and political landscape in the coming decades is likely to be profound. Urbanisation, therefore, presents immense opportunities to accelerate progress towards the UN 2030 and AU 2063 sustainable development agendas and promote continental integration in the context of e.g. the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA). For African sitizens, entrepreneurs, and policy makers, urbanisation also entails significant challenges in planning, managing and financing green and inclusive urban growth, both at the local and the national levels. (Source: UN).
Aims of our Nordic Urbanisation Business Cluster
- Identifying business opportunities related to urbanisation in Africa, particularly within infrastructure, utilities,, energy and mobility.
- Discussing challenges and possible solutions.
- Knowledge sharing and exchange among members.
- Meeting & learning from experts.
- Forging new collaborations and value chains.
- Organising urbanisation-focussed business delegations to Africa.
First cluster meeting will take place in Copenhagen. Date and venue will soon be announced. We will facilitate 4 meetings a year.
Target group & eligibility
- The target group is all Nordic companies in all sectors doing or wishing to explore business opportunities arising from urbanisation in Africa.
Membership & fees
Members of AFRICA INNOVATION NETWORK ® may join the cluster free of charge.
The annual fee for non-members of AFRICA INNOVATION NETWORK ® is:
- EUR 1500 (ex. VAT) for large companies (250+ employees)
- EUR 1000 (ex VAT) for medium companies (50-250 employees)
- EUR 500 for small companies (up to 50 employees)
This fee covers attendance of up to 3 company representatives per meeting.
How to join the cluster
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you would like to join our Nordic Urbanisation Business Cluster at: email@example.com.
If you are interested in joining a local Nordic Urbanisation Business Cluster in your country, feel free to contact us and present your idea/wish. We are always looking to set up additional Nordic Business Clusters for peers to meet and exchange about their business interests in Africa.